Thursday, May 27, 2010

I did it! I walked 45 mins even though I was hurting beforehand!

Woohoo another day almost done and dusted! Woke up this morning feeling great but then after sitting with my baby girl for a while and getting up......

OUCH!!!

My thighs, calves, arms, tummy and even my back hurt! This is apparently a good thing since it means I worked muscles I hadn’t in a long time but still owie! I set myself the mindset that I would just relax today since I did 100 mins yesterday! What an IDIOT!! I am so pathetic sometimes with these stupid excuses I make that I really have to stop.
Chatted again with my 12WBT friends on twitter who all said that a nice slow walk would help followed by a nice hot bath (will do tonight once Tilly is in bed). So when my eldest daughter was heading to work, I loaded Tilly up in the pram and off I went. I walked her to work then got a few groceries (I had ran out of my soups I have for lunch) and headed home. I realised halfway home that I forgot to get firelighters! Instead of turning around and going back I decided that I feel pretty good so go the long way right down past home and around the block back to the shop. Gotta love living in the country as it is uphill/downhill and not the flattest of surfaces to walk on. Legs were feeling great, all the hurt was disappearing! What was better....

I HAD JUST DONE IT AND I WAS PROUD OF MYSELF FOR TAKING THE FIRST STEP!

Got up walked out the door and gone! I am loving this! And it will only help me in my full weightloss journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment