Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Its been a while between blogs.....but its been for good reason :)

Wow! Its been 2 weeks since my last blog and so much has been going on in my life during that time.

First of all.....I HAVE COMPLETED MY FIRST YEAR OF UNI!! It was this program that gave me the confidence to even go to the UAC site and apply and now here I sit 12 months later and already 1 year into my degree.....as one of my peers said to me the other day....we are quarter teachers now ;)

Secondly, I have been working madly in this house since the owners have put it up for sale and we had the first open house on the weekend....mind you I spent so much time and put in so much effort for this yet I was kinda disappointed when not one person turned up. I spent my weekend after that being hardly able to move as I was just aching from the constant moving and working.

Finally, I have to admit that during this last two weeks my lifestyle has been far from the perfect one I wanted. My eating habits have gone to crap again since I spent over a week sitting up till 4am then starting the day at 7am. Its what needed to be done to get through all the assessments that were due. Why they make them all due at the same time I just don't know but I have realised that I need to be more organised next year since first semester back its 5 units!! 3 of those are distance. Will need to ensure that I am on the ball and disciplined enough to get through sufficiently.

On a brighter note, my exercise and eating may have gone out the window but that little inner voice has gone quiet. I gained 100g last week which was to be expected and I really dont want to weigh in tomorrow but the truth hurts and its what makes us stronger! This is my journey and I am still learning so much even 12 months on. This is the time that I would normally just be like "pft, who cares, 2 weeks wasted so may as well just give up now and start next round". That is not who I am now though. I promised myself that I would only have 2 weeks to get through the struggling time with university and that time is up. There are now no more excuses to hold me back!

Its my time to shine, and shine I will. I promised myself, my family and Michelle I would do this and stop letting people down. I am now back and ready to give this my 100% commitment without the perils of study to hold me back!

Good luck everyone and I hope you are travelling well.

Cath xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment