Friday, February 17, 2012

Complacency can creep up on a person before they know it!

Well its been a long time between blog posts but not without good reason......or is that without a good excuse ;)

Over the past two weeks, I have had a uni exam to which I have no idea how I went.....I got through our house inspection with the owners and finally I have been busy printing out and organising myself for the uni semester ahead which at this time seems to be taking up all my time!

So how have I been going these last two weeks.....well I havent gained any weight so thats a good thing right! My diet has been nice and clean apart from the still occasional slip up but the exercise has waned......

A LOT!

Hubby has been trying his hardest to get me up and motivated but I think I have slipped into the mentality that if I eat healthy, the weight is coming off anyway!

BAD MOVE!!

I need to get back to the whole get up, get out and JFDI!! I mean if hubby can come home from a 12 hour shift and push himself for 30+ minutes on the cross trainer, then what is my problem? Why am I sitting there on the lounge watching tele whilst he is out walking laps of the forest?

Admittedly I got up Wednesday morning and I honestly had no intention of walking the 15km for our wedding anniversary......but you know what, I over come that inner voice and I DID IT!! 15km in just under 3 hours and a total calorie burn of 2113 calories!! I was stoked. All day Wednesday I was like, you know what, I can do this. 1 hour a day....that is it, thats all I need.

I said I would have a rest day yesterday after the mammoth workout on Wednesday which I did. Here I sit though, Friday and its almost midday....still have done NOTHING! I am heading to the gym tonight with hubby who has his first session with the gym to learn to be a PT so I might just head off with him. See if being in the gym is inspiring enough a place to be in to get back the JFDI mojo that seems to have gone wandering.

Its tough being in this place. Know that only a few short week ago you were so motivated and then hitting a slump. I know that the food is spot on, I have to keep it that way so thats a good thing right.......

Well if only I could be as vigilant with my exercise. Even setting the alarm for 4.45am as I use to do isnt working this time. I just get up turn it off and go back to bed.

I will report back this evening with hopefully good news! Perhaps I need to feed of hubbies drive and energy for a while. I know I helped him to get to the place he is in now.....maybe its time to get the favour back!

Until later this evening,.......

MWAH!

Cath xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment